List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Announcing KDE e.V.'s two new contractors to work on KDE's technical documentation
From:       Carl Schwan <carl () carlschwan ! eu>
Date:       2021-06-06 17:12:39

Le mercredi 2 juin 2021 21:27, Eike Hein <hein@kde.org> a =C3=A9crit=C2=
=A0:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Some time ago, KDE e.V. decided to contract work to help the KDE communit=
y with its efforts to maintain and improve KDE's technical documentation, b=
roadly similar to how KDE e.V. also contracts work within the KDE Promo com=
munity already. Juan Carlos Torres was hired to set the stage with an initi=
al three-months long project analyzing and reporting on the current state o=
f KDE's documentation. Based on this information KDE e.V. published a new j=
ob ad in 2021, which we have now completed hiring for.

> Today we're happy to announce two new KDE e.V. contractors to the communi=
ty. They will be working hard with many of you to create and improve techni=
cal documentation, as well as tooling used to generate and publish document=
ation. Both of them are no strangers to the KDE community:

> Frederik Schwarzer has been a KDE contributor for about 15 years. He has =
been a long-time contributor to KDE's German translation and KDE applicatio=
ns, for example as a maintainer of KShisen, one of KDE's games. Having prof=
essionally worked on software development and writing documentation previou=
sly, he's excited to dive deeper into KDE's documentation next.

> Carl Schwan has also been very active in the community for several years =
already, greatly improving many of KDE's websites and building infrastructu=
re to maintain them, and contributing to many KDE applications. He had alre=
ady set his sights on improving the tooling used for KDE's technical docume=
ntation and will continue to do so on behalf of KDE e.V. for the next three=
 months.

> Both Frederik and Carl have started their work this week. They'll be acti=
ve in the #kde-docs channel and on the kde-docs-english mailing list, and a=
lso involve themselves in for example the ongoing meetings to plan KDE Fram=
eworks 6 development soon to assist the community with this important upcom=
ing transition. Let's document all the things!

Thanks for the warm welcome :) In the next three months, I will
try to continue improving our documentation tooling even further.

If you have suggestions or ideas about things to improve, let
me know either by email or just ping me in #kde-docs:kde.org :)

Cheers,
Carl