List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: The status of freenode (the IRC network used by KDE)
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2021-05-27 8:58:00

On Wednesday, 26 May 2021 11:36:01 CEST Kenny Duffus wrote:
> On Wednesday, 26 May 2021 09:56:08 BST Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> > Is there any KDE-wide decision on that? Is there any work done on
> > migration
> > from freenode to libera?
>
> Only a coordinated change would be good for our community. This would
> obviously be communicated to the community if everything that we need was
> prepared  and ready to happen

The board of KDE e.V. endorses such a coordinated move.

(The e.V. exists to support the KDE community; the community doesn't need
permission for this, but I thought I'd make it clear that the board discussed
it. If there is something specific needed, then the e.V. can help out -- but I
think that our group contacts for IRC itself and our IRC friends and Matrix
folks for bridging are already on it and "just" need to push the button.)

[ade]

PS. FreeBSD also announced a wholesale transition to Libera today. That leaves
the #kde-freebsd channel in a weird superposition of states :) Channel elders
have basically decided to migrate to #freebsd-desktop on Libera.