List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: KDE now has its own Matrix infrastructure
From:       Andy B <anditosan1000 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-02-28 15:08:14

Andy Betts
KDE Board
On Feb 28, 2019, 5:13 AM -0700, Jonathan Riddell <jr@jriddell.org>, wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 03:06:22PM -0800, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> > Hey Jon, I hope that the CWG response was not dismissive, and you were
> > certainly not ignored. We always listen and try to help when possible. If you
> > didn't feel at the very least listened to, we failed there.
> >
> > You are one of the most stalwart and longest-serving volunteers, so when you
> > are unhappy and angry, I don't think anyone is happy about that. That doesn't
> > mean that all of us see your list above as an accurate statement.
>
> Thanks :)
>
> In over a decade of helping promo in KDE it was always the case that
> someone could come in and show willingness and competance and be given
> access to the accounts needed to be a full member. When I left the
> team in 2017 and came back in 2018 this had changed and I was told I
> could not get access to accounts, a decision which seems to have been
> taken by the e.v. board. We fixed this after Akademy 2018 with a
> formal policy. Will the CWG now look into why this change happened
> against the norms everywhere else in KDE?
>
> Jonathan

There has to be context to this, now that we have moved from the main topic and now \
dedicate this thread to solve issues that Jonathan has expressed. Maybe we can start \
a new thread.

To be clear, Jonathan has repeatedly used little tact when releasing information to \
the public. The e.V. Board received complaints and requests to manage the situation. \
We decided to do so and work with Jonathan to review his publication practices in \
social media. On his insistence, we worked to have a more clear policy of access to \
social media. Policy that Jonathan himself would follow. The Board agreed that this \
could help shape the way that Jonathan and others provide public, WIP information to \
the general public and have more tact when doing so.

Why is this still an issue that requires the CWG? I am not even sure. I thought \
Jonathan was over this when we did as he required, create an access policy within \
Promo.

Thank you,

Andy