List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: KDE licence policy update
From:       Ivan Čukić <ivan.cukic () kde ! org>
Date:       2017-03-08 22:49:51

Hi all,

I'm a bit late to the party.

If I'm not too late, one addition I'd like to propose to (4) is the
Boost license. It is similar to BSD/MIT without requiring attribution
with binaries. It is approved by OSI and by FSF.

The reason for this proposal is that the Boost project provides one of
the largest C++ codebases, and is not completely ignored by our
software. :)

> -Allow AGPL for web apps
> -Encourage AGPL for web apps

As for AGPL, +1 for making it the recommended option for web apps.

Cheers,
Ivan