List:       kde-buildsystem
Subject:    Re: Replacement for kde4_add_app_icon ?
From:       Ralf Habacker <ralf () habacker ! de>
Date:       2014-10-04 9:18:23

Am 03.10.2014 um 13:39 schrieb Alex Merry:
> On 2014-09-01 12:21, Ralf Habacker wrote:

>>> Useful to know; I'm not sure I want ECM depending on that, however.
>>> And paths
>>> get complicated on Windows.
>>> One possibility might be to include that tool with ECM.
>>> Alternatively, we
>>> could just suck it up and put a big warning on
>>> ecm_add_application_icon saying
>>> that it has this dependency on Windows (that dep should provide a
>>> CMake config
>>> file, ideally).
>> The recent kdewin-tools package version 0.5.7 installs a related cmake
>> config files, which exports the required cmake png2ico target
>>
>> # Create imported target png2ico
>> add_executable(png2ico IMPORTED)
>>
>> Also KDE4_ADD_APP_ICON tries to find png2ico using find_program from the
>> system ysearch path which is set by the build system on windows.
>
> See David's reply on kde-frameworks, where he suggests investigating
> (a) what Qt does,
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/appicon.html  mentions the native win32
way which is included in macro kde4_add_app_icon
> (b) what CMake does
if you refer to basic cmake releases - as far as i know: nothing. app
icon support is only supported by KDE4 cmake support.
> and (c) what CMake should do.
exaclty what is done in macro kde4_add_app_icon located in KDE4Macros.cmake

Please note that i'm not involved in KDE5 development. J just reported
what has been done with KDE4 and how it works.

Regards
 Ralf