List:       kde-buildsystem
Subject:    Re: skipping the kdeinit magic on windows (Re:
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-04-25 21:08:23

On Thursday 17 April 2008, David Faure wrote:
> > I don't agree here.
> > Some logic is spread all over KDE, both in the sources as well as in the
> > build files, and I really don't want to do more magic than absolutely
> > required in the cmake stuff.
>
> Code duplication is bad, whether in sources or in build files, I would
> think that is quite obvious.
>
> But the one who codes decides, I'll let you go ahead if you're still not
> convinced.

I committed the modified kde4_add_kdeinit_executable().

No changes to any CMakeLists.txt should be required.
Under !Windows everything should work as before.
Under Windows, now the kdeinit_foo library is a tiny static library which
doesn't have to be installed.

Please let me know if something doesn't work.

Alex