List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: Help needed for KDE posters
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-06-07 14:17:55

On Mon, 07 Jun 1999, Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> for the LinuxTag in Kaiserslautern, I promised to update the
> poster I had prepared for the last time. (If you want, you can
> get the old poster from
> http://theorie.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~hoelzer/pub/poster.tar.gz)

I will be very probably at the KDE-booth in Kaiserslautern, too.
(AFAIK, I will arrive on Saturday morning at 2 a.m. -- hope that's
early enough.... ;-) )
So if you don't bother I could do the layout for the poster for you
(I would just need some text ....).
When is the deadline?

CU -- in Kaiserslautern ;-)
Torsten

> Now I showed the poster to someone with some knowledge about
> design, and he was horrified. (Note that I can not draw a
> single line with a pen). And he was right, so I want to do it
> better. He will help me with the layout, but I thought it
> might be a good idea to ask you to about ideas and nice
> looking screenshots. Last year's poster has been reused very
> ogten, so I guess it is worth to spent some thoughts about it.
>
> I think the best thing would be to make two posters, one with
> the current KDE (showing the trophy etc, etc,) and one about
> the future, showing themes, high-color-icons, koffice.

Yepp!

> So if you have any ideas, cool screenshot and good advice,
> please tell me!

O.k.