List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: Help needed for KDE posters
From:       Matthias Hoelzer-Kluepfel <mhk () caldera ! de>
Date:       1999-06-07 15:17:23

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Torsten Rahn wrote:

> I will be very probably at the KDE-booth in Kaiserslautern, too.
> (AFAIK, I will arrive on Saturday morning at 2 a.m. -- hope that's
> early enough.... ;-) )

Hey, cool. This will be a great meeting. The LinuxTag got so
popular, people even fly in from the US :-)

> So if you don't bother I could do the layout for the poster for you
> (I would just need some text ....).

Did you have a look at the old poster? I can send you a small
version (1,5M), or have a look at the adress I mentioned.

What I like at the old design is that it conveys a lot of
information without needing much words.

(And you hardly notice that all text is in english. As the
poster will be reused, this should be the case even for the
local LinuxTag.)

What I dislike is that it looks like a poster
made by a programmer without any design
skills ;)

> When is the deadline?

Well, Saturday 2 a.m. seems ok :-)

Without kidding: We will have to print it somewhere. I can get
it printed here in Erlangen, perhaps Martin can get it printed
somewhere for free. I think we should have the final ps-file
ready in the week before the LinuxTag. (Did I mention that it
should be around DIN A0?)

> CU -- in Kaiserslautern ;-)

I am looking forward to all the KDE people there. Will be more
than 20, I guess...

Bye,
Matthias.