List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Q: Greeting Card Templates for Digikam, Scribus,
From:       RalfGesellensetter <rgx () gmx ! de>
Date:       2009-03-08 0:16:35

Am Freitag 06 März 2009 schrieb Eugene Trounev:
> The only one app currently up to
> the challenge is Digikam.
> So I therefore volunteer to make a few quality Digikam templates :)
>
> Love, kisses,

Hi & thanks, great!

I forgot to mention Krita - but Digikam might be quite as fine.
There used to be this superimpose filter (or the like) - and if you
watch those cards, one decoration thingy that could be useful is a
vignette style frame that uses simple shapes (ovals) and decreases
sharpness and alpha channel on the fringe.

cf. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vignetting

Implementing such filter might also be a task for the digikam dev team.
I don't see where "templates" (as used in scribus) could fit into
digikam - maybe in the export section? Decorations?

Cheers
kindes regards
Ralf.