List:       kde-artists
Subject:    [kde-artists] Artwork needed for a desktop change OSD
From:       Martin =?utf-8?q?Gr=C3=A4=C3=9Flin?= <kde () martin-graesslin ! com>
Date:       2009-03-07 16:36:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

I'm currently working on an on-screen-display for KWin which is shown when you
switch virtual desktops. It's similar to the osd you might know from Mac OS
spaces: it shows the desktop layout (using the Plasma pager svgs), hightlights
the new desktop and shows arrows from the old desktop to the new one. You can
find a screenshot of the current state here:
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/7876/desktoposdarrows.png

Well the arrows are really, really ugly ;-) So I'd like to ask you, if you
could create some nice arrows which look good with pager as background. We
would need left, right, up and down. And we would like to fade in and out the
arrows. That is in the screenshot the left arrow would be shown before the
down arrow and the left arrow will be faded out.

And I'd like to ask for another pager element. Currently the difference between
the used normal and active state is hardly recognizable. It would be nice to
have a special state for this use case (we want to have a smooth animated
transition from normal to selected state).

Thanks in advance ;-)

Regards
Martin Gräßlin