List:       kde-artists
Subject:    [kde-artists] [RFC] Icons "view" & "view-close"
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2008-05-26 0:26:58

We seem to have a long standing issue with:

	view
	view-close (or view_close in KDE3)

In the KDE3 themes, the icon 'view' is named "view_close"..  That is,
these icons have no indication that there is any action 'close'.  And,
we are missing an icon named "view"

This seems to have been continued in Oxygen [attached].  If that small
red dot in the upper right corner is supposed to indicate the 'close'
action, it is not sufficient in the smaller sizes (toolbar icons must be
usable at +/- 0.2 inches [5mm]).  IAC, it should be removed (not be red)
for a "view" icon [attached].

I would suggest the standard indication which is a red 'X' in CrystalSVG
and KDEClassic for the "view-close" icon [attached].

If this is OK, I can do it.

Any suggestions?

--
JRT