List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Crystal,Everaldo, KDE and others subjects
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2005-06-24 23:45:35

Anne-Marie Mahfouf said the following, On 2005-06-24 18:20:
> PS: if your theme is SVG based but the svg source cannot be provided, then
> your theme is not free.

I am not sure this is true _in general_. What if I have used a tool like GIMP,
AI or Sodipodi and deleted/lost my "sources"?

In reality I have a number of icons developed using GIMP, and quite often I do
not keep .xcf files for them. I uploaded them to SVN as LGPLed. What then? Do
you see the difference between program source code and an artwork source
format, regarding FOSS licenses?

BTW, are there any plans to start recommending GFDL or CrativeCommons instead
of LGPL? Is the latter license best choice for the artwork? (sorry if this is
redundant question)

--
regards / pozdrawiam,
  Jaroslaw Staniek / OpenOffice Polska / Kexi Team