List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Kdegames new CLOSED icons
From:       Danny Allen <dannya40uk () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-06-23 14:22:07

Annma: your position on having the source to all icons is one which we all
share. However, we have inherited a legacy where traditionally, icons were
uploaded without source files. Additionally, these icons were also of poor
quality, and did not conform to the Crystal icon guidelines.

This was especially the case in kdegames.

Therefore, I have replaced these poor icons (with no source available), with
good, conforming icons (also with no source available). It is my opinion that
this can only be a good thing - improving the experience of the user, whilst
not adjusting the balance of open/closed icons.

Of course, the ideal goal (and one that we strive for - and will enforce with
kde 4) is that we have the source to each icon.

But, I feel that just correcting some of the mania of the current situation is
the foremost short-term goal.

Danny