List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] [Fwd: Your post was editted on KDE-Artists.org]
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2005-06-08 23:55:42

James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Spell checked version

Janet:

I suggest that if you have this strict policy, that it should be posted
somewhere on the site -- or perhaps I missed it.

IAC, if you did not like the way which I approached the REAL problem
which I discussed, I suggest that you, or someone else, should write an
article on it.  This is a real problem.  People submit 16x16, 22x22 &
32x32 icons that have NO hand optimization at all.  Obviously, they have
misunderstood somewhere since KDE will do exactly the same.

If you, or anyone else doesn't understand what I am talking about,
please compare my hand optimized HiColor icons for KPlato:

http://home.earthlink.net/~tyrerj/kde/Koffice-icons/KPlato.tar.bz2

with the Crystal style ones recently committed: "koffice/kplato/pics/".

Even the 4x848 benefits from hand optimization.

--
JRT