List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: Re: HiColor Icons
From:       Luciano Montanaro <luciano.montanaro () consulenti ! fastweb ! it>
Date:       2004-10-25 8:26:30

El Domingo 24 Octubre 2004 22:35, Kenneth Wimer escribió:
> * Luciano Montanaro <luciano.montanaro@consulenti.fastweb.it> [Oct 24.
2004 22:22]:

> My point is that it is better to define a visual metaphor in a simple
> two color icon, or whatever, and then to create more complicated, styled
> icons our of the same idea.

Exactly - this is why I like the flat icons, because the icons are simple
and with recognizable shapes.

> Of course there are cases where this will
> not hold true, and we will have to work around these but it is not a bad
> idea to start with, I think.
>

> I completely agreet that the flat cions are a great idea, and that we
> should work on them to make them even better (read my earlier mail)

I have just subscribed to the list, so I can't directly reply to your other
message, but you may be interested in this message from Danny Allen (the
author of the Flat icons)

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-accessibility&m=109848264604324&w=2

The linked images seem promising.

Luciano