List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: HiColor Icons
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2004-10-24 22:00:20

Torsten Rahn wrote:
>>/Every/ application should install an application icon into hicolor, such
>>that its icon is available for all themes, crystalsvg or not.
>

> In an ideal world you might be right. Still I think it's just realistic that
> people will just paint an icon that fits with the currently used style
> (CrystalSVG). And if you will ask them too much (i.e. painting a version for
> HiColor as well) they will just copy their crystal-icon into the HiColor-dir
> in order to "please" your request.

Yes you have a point for NEW KDE applications.  But, we should also consider
that KDE applications need to be compatible with other desktops that do not use
CrystalSVG.  It would be best if there were an unthemed icon to install as
HiColor, but if such an icon does not exist then it would be correct to also
install the CrystalSVG style icon as HiColor.

--
JRT