List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: HiColor Icons
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2004-10-24 21:53:27

Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> * James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj@acm.org> [Oct 23. 2004 02:34]:
>
>>Kenneth Wimer wrote:
>>
>>>* James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj@acm.org> [Oct 21. 2004 23:38]:
>>
>><SNIP>

>>>In many cases their might be a good reason to revert for the new hicolor
>>>icons...at least until something better is made.
>>>

>>No problem with  still using the HiColor icons till Crystal ones are made.
>>The
>>only issue is that the HiColor icons should be installed as HiColor.
>

> Yes, we will have to work together for some time (with lots of help from
> others) sorting out the problems. I guess putting all the non-crystal
> icons into hi-color might not be the perfect idea either because I
> imagine that some won't fit in with the other hicolor icons either. We
> will have to decide icon by icon in these cases. Some might be easier to
> redraw as ccrystal icon and some might be easier to redraw as
> hicolor...

I was mostly thinking about the private icons installed in (or should be
for that app and shouldn't be a problem.  It will be a very rare case if there
is a private icon in 'crystalsvg' that isn't really CrystalSVG and there is an
icon of the same name in 'hicolor' (private) or 'kdeclassic' (global) that isn't
the exact same icon.

Global system icons shouldn't be not be installed in 'hicolor'.  They must be
installed in a theme (only applications should install unthemed icons as
HiColor).  So, if there are global icons in 'crystalsvg' that are not really
CystalSVG style, the only solution is to replace them with a proper CrystalSVG
style icon -- there is no problem leaving theme there (only an aesthetic issue).

--
JRT