List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: 3D Konqi animation in progress.
From:       Kenneth Wimer <wimer () suse ! de>
Date:       2004-09-19 22:08:02

* basse <bastian.salmela@hel.fi> [Sep 17. 2004 13:24]:

> ok. I had some free time to take the Konqi to a little walk.. so here is a
> quick renderout... remember, it's very quick.. so it will be better :) no
> worries. also not everything I planned are in it yet.
>
> so idea number 1:
> Konqi walks in, turns on light. walks on.. notices a string hanging..
> walks to it.. takes a careful yank, nothing happens. jumps and grabs it
> with full weight.. KDE logo drops out from the ceiling.. perhaps with
> bunch of other things. then we could have the KDE text zoomed to
> fullscreen.. with additional text?
>
> preview rendering:
> http://www.kimppu.org/basse/tmp/konqiad1709divx.avi

Excellent! I am really impressed with how you improved Konqi :-)

Might I suggest slowing down the steps though. I am only briefly
familiar with Blender but I have done a lot of work with commercial
programs for my own company and quite a few others. It seems to me that
the steps are until now basically the rotation of the entire leg,
perhaps with some adjustment of the foot to compensate. I think that a
more intricate walking movement would enhance the animation a lot.

Bye,
Kenneth

--
SUSE Linux - a Novell Company - Nuernberg, Germany