List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: 3D Konqi animation in progress.
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten.rahn () credativ ! de>
Date:       2004-09-17 12:06:49

Am Freitag, 17. September 2004 13:33 schrieb basse:
> ok. I had some free time to take the Konqi to a little walk.. so here is a
> quick renderout... remember, it's very quick.. so it will be better :) no
> worries. also not everything I planned are in it yet.

Awesome :-)

> so idea number 1:
> Konqi walks in, turns on light. walks on.. notices a string hanging..
> walks to it.. takes a careful yank, nothing happens. jumps and grabs it
> with full weight.. KDE logo drops out from the ceiling.. perhaps with
> bunch of other things. then we could have the KDE text zoomed to
> fullscreen..

If you use the full "KDE"-Text (which would make sense to follow the THX-style
paradoy) then the font of the KDE-Text should be (ITC) Kabel.

A free look-alike called "Kabel Book" by A. Carr is available at:

http://eksten.net/webgraphix/fonts/k/kabelb.html

> with additional text?

Yes, there should be a kind of advertising slogan appearing in the end :)

Like:

"KDE - enjoy the experience!"

or

"KDE Desktop Environement"

or

"KDE - Conquer your Desktop!"

> http://www.kimppu.org/basse/tmp/konqiad1709divx.avi

Did I already mention that it looks awesome ?

I think this should become some kind of sound/movie-test and rather generic
short advertisement.

> but, I need some things now..  so:
>
> 1) how long should it be?

IMHO not longer than twice or 3x the length of the current version. As it
wants to be a little bit funny: the shorter the better.

> 4) anything else?

Yes, to add some sound you might want to contact our KDE Sound Expert
Artemio ;-)

Greetings,
Torsten Rahn