List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: about pages
From:       Sashmit Bhaduri <sashmit () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-09-17 14:43:34

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:03:55 +0200, Marco Martin <m4rt@libero.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> i wanted to remake some of the html about pages in kde, like
> about:konqueror, the kmail introductive screem the man viewer...
> i was thinking about a layout similar to the kde homepage and the
> helpcenter.
> will this be useful?

It sure would. One thing to remember that it should be a template so
that it's not
specific to one app. Ideally, I think we should put it somewhere in
kdelibs so that
applications can generate the relevent html in one function call instead of
having to copy static html files from somewhere. Therefore, I think:

- all static images should be avoided
- the application can provide the icon to be displayed (either in a
data: url or a path)
- the header (the big application title) should be styled through CSS,
not through images