List:       kde-artists
Subject:    K-ARTIST: zoom border
From:       Ante Wessels <vitanova2 () softhome ! net>
Date:       2004-01-31 13:23:45

This page has always been at the kde-artist icon guide, but not in the menu. I
always overlooked it...

http://artist.kde.org/zoom.html

A quote:

"
As the 128x128-versions are "closer" to the user you may also add some details
that don't change the look of the icon completely. Also you may use a
*little* bit more realistic colors. But the overall-experience should stay
the same! These "zoom-icons" have to scale extremly well. So you have to use
parallel perspective and the icon has to match the shape of the existing icon
as exact as possible! Furthermore these icons lack any black outline/border
(These would look blurry if scaled). Instead we will add
alpha-channeled-shadows. Please do not add this "outline-shadow" yourself! We
will do it once all icons are done using a script.
"

Well here is the reason the outline was dropped. But what happened to the
"alpha-channeled-shadows"?

No concept for a sharp border was used at all once kde went svg...

Cordialemente,

Ante

******
The most up to date info for kde artists can be found at the wiki:

http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists

Scripts for kde artists, like svg2png4kde, add border, add drop shadow, change
filename, file conversion:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita/linux/index.html

Web course italian, poem generator, poetry, stories and visual art:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita