List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: svg2png rendering
From:       Wade Olson <wadejolson () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-01-20 22:25:00

Ken,

Thanks for the input.

My expressed views respresent solely one lunatic on the mailing list and not that of the community
at large, but that being said:

* I do not yet see a centralized movement or group presiding over the svg area and corresponding
conversion; hence my nonchalance about chiming in.  Judging the questions on this mailing list,
others are having the same issue.  If someone knows such a group, please reply and let this list
know.

This thread and series of actions may well lead to such a centralization.  Good to be sure, but be
warned that we may soon be 'the SVG guys'.

* I don't know if anyone would turn down any dedicated time as you offer below.  With a typical
weakness in style guides and documentation, to have resources worked on in the infancy of svg
conversion would be fortunate.  'Optimizing synergy' is great, but is it confusing enough?  Maybe
we could call it 'Transcontinental graphical extensibility synergistic optimization'?

* I agree that hoping for 100% coverage of script tweaking for existing icons is doubtful, but I
just don't want people to be surprised if work they do to cover for image quality gaps now are not
used in the future when other solutikns present themselves.

* Due to the confusion I see everywhere involving KDE and this issue, a happy medium is going to
be needed for your werkstudent for input from other parties (Everaldo, programmers on SodiPodi,
etc).  I predict too many chefs in the kitchen.  Make sure that this student lists 'conflict
resolution' on their resume :).  Per the usual with OSS projects, 10 other people could already be
working on such issues without any knowing the others' efforts.  Hopefully we can aggregate prior
work done (if any) before commencement.

Thanks again,
Wade