List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: Everaldo keeping kde in lock -- was: K-ARTIST: Icons,
From:       "chris / os11.com" <chris () os11 ! com>
Date:       2004-01-14 12:37:16

Hi

I think that maybe because the crystal icons have been 'bought to
order' that they either wont be released or that a few will be released
because why would suse just give away artwork after they have bought
the rights to it?

People could just rip it off without doing any work and create there
own icon set... suse would loose out after they just paid for the
work... i think its a clever way to 'stay in control'

Other than that i think its an excuse that the icons are a pain to
reproduce because he uses filters from illustrator. I have done a few
icons from the crystal set in sodipodi and there pretty easy to do, see
: http://www.chrisluetchford.com/svg/

just my thoughts... i hope i'm wrong... but i feel this issue is
starting to drag on...

cheers :)

//  Chris