List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: Everaldo keeping kde in lock -- was: K-ARTIST: Icons,
From:       Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde () carewolf ! com>
Date:       2004-01-14 13:13:31

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 23:45, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> Going offtopic and all for these lists, but in the context of this
> thread:
>
> http://www.advogato.org/person/Uraeus/#262
>
> "I have for some time been wanting to include a metatheme using
> Crystal or Outline in g-t-e, but neither of those has been available
> in SVG format, at least not in complete versions. I have noticed
> Everaldo saying the SVG's to be forthcoming for a long while, but
> there has always been one thing or the other holding it up. Today I
> sadly discovered that the reason for the SVG's not being released was
> simply a petty attitude of not wanting to see GNOME use the actual
> SVG's as icons before KDE can do so. The following quote from the
> release announcement for Crystal 1.0 says it all: Altought this
> version is known as 'SVG', the icons are still in PNG format, the SVG
> files will be relased once the support for the format improves in
> KDE. So much for adopting SVG's in a big was as a recent announcement
> on Slashdot proclaimed ;)"
>
> FWIW... sounds nonsense to me...

It is nonsense. For what it's worth rendering from SVG does work in KDE, you
just need to activate the svgz in the index.desktop that comes with crystal.
Only problem right now is that the lack of icons, means that the iconloader
takes some PNGs instead and scales them out of proportions.

I've used the attached index.desktop for crystalsvg to test how well it
worked.

`Allan

["index.theme" (text/plain)]

[Icon Theme]
Name=Crystal SVG beta1
Name[hu]=Crystal SVG (béta 1)
Name[sv]=Kristall SVG beta1
Comment=Icon Theme by Everaldo (www.everaldo.com)
Comment[cs]=Motiv ikon od Everalda (www.everaldo.com)
Comment[da]=Ikontema ved Everaldo (www.everaldo.com)
Comment[hu]=Ikontéma, készítette: Everaldo (www.everaldo.com)
Comment[pt]=Tema de Ícones por Everaldo (www.everaldo.com)
Comment[pt_BR]=Tema de Ícones por Everaldo (www.everaldo.com)
Comment[sv]=Ikontema av Everaldo (www.everaldo.com)
DisplayDepth=32

Inherits=hicolor

Example=folder
LinkOverlay=link
LockOverlay=lockoverlay
ShareOverlay=share
ZipOverlay=zip
DesktopDefault=48
DesktopSizes=16,32,48,64,128
ToolbarDefault=22
ToolbarSizes=16,22,32,48
MainToolbarDefault=22
MainToolbarSizes=16,22,32,48
SmallDefault=16
SmallSizes=16
PanelDefault=32
PanelSizes=16,32,48,64,128
Directories=16x16/actions,16x16/apps,16x16/devices,16x16/filesystems,16x16/mimetypes,2 \
2x22/actions,22x22/apps,22x22/filesystems,22x22/mimetypes,32x32/actions,32x32/apps,32x \
32/devices,32x32/filesystems,32x32/mimetypes,48x48/actions,48x48/apps,48x48/devices,48 \
x48/filesystems,48x48/mimetypes,64x64/actions,64x64/apps,64x64/devices,64x64/filesyste \
ms,64x64/mimetypes,128x128/actions,128x128/apps,128x128/devices,128x128/filesystems,12 \
8x128/mimetypes,scalable/apps,scalable/devices,scalable/filesystems,scalable/mimetypes
 [16x16/actions]
Size=16
Context=Actions
Type=Threshold