List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:Folder icons
From:       Torsten Rahn <tackat () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-25 13:48:40

On Thursday 25 April 2002 14:50, antialias wrote:
> On Thursday 25 April 2002 16:26, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> > It's a feature (which is disabled for now by default) that displays the
> > mimetype that appears most often in a folder as an Overlay-icon.
>
> What if it is 50/50 % ? For example 5 images and 5 documents? Will the
> system crush ;-) ?

A certain mimetype icon is only shown if the mimetype outnumbers the remaining
icons by a factor of 2. If such a mimetype doesn't exist then you get a
fallback.icon (it's kmultiple right now  IIRC).

> > really small Screenshot attached. The icons look a bit blurry for 48x48
> > as the mechanism requests the iconloader to load a mimetype half of the
> > size of the folder icon. As 24x24 (22x22) mimetypes haven't been painted
> > yet this results in scaling (The small folder icon displayed on the
> > screenshot is sharper because a 24x24-version exists.)
>
> Folder on the folder? Looks funny on cvs and mail folders. Wouldn't be

Well - the folder only contains folders - there's no other mimetype in there.

> better that we use mimetype elements? I would rather see mimeshell icon's
> element as the overlay than the whole mime with paper. See attachment.

There's no way that we can do this automatically for KDE 3.0. See my recent
postings to learn why.

Greetings,
Tackat

--