List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:Folder icons
From:       antialias <vukman () dbmail ! dk>
Date:       2002-04-25 12:50:49

On Thursday 25 April 2002 16:26, Torsten Rahn wrote:

> It's a feature (which is disabled for now by default) that displays the
> mimetype that appears most often in a folder as an Overlay-icon.

What if it is 50/50 % ? For example 5 images and 5 documents? Will the system
crush ;-) ?

> really small Screenshot attached. The icons look a bit blurry for 48x48
> as the mechanism requests the iconloader to load a mimetype half of the
> size of the folder icon. As 24x24 (22x22) mimetypes haven't been painted
> yet this results in scaling (The small folder icon displayed on the
> screenshot is sharper because a 24x24-version exists.)

Folder on the folder? Looks funny on cvs and mail folders. Wouldn't be better
that we use mimetype elements? I would rather see mimeshell icon's element as
the overlay than the whole mime with paper. See attachment.

antialias

["comparison.png" (image/png)]