List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:icon +
From:       Torsten Rahn <tackat () suse ! de>
Date:       2002-01-20 14:05:10

Looks very nice.

Just some questions :-)

- What does the kcontrol-icon look like in 16x16? Same question for konsole.
Perhaps we should have a more 2D-ish version for the 16x16-version

- How do the icons look like without alphablending?
Some of the icons should really have a harder/clearer edge (The edge in your
home-icon is excellent!).

- the konqueror-icon uses a symbol which I am extremely sure about that it is
already a trademarked symbol (or at least a very common symbol for the
world). Without the glass-effect (i.e. w.o. alphablending) the icon boils
down to exactly that symbol. Therefore I don't think that it makes a good
icon for Konqueror.

- Is the folder shown here an _opened_ folder or a _closed_
one? By default it should look closed. In KDE 3 we have closed folders by
default. Pointing the pointer over the icon gives an animatiuon which shows
that the folder opens.

I really like this version of the IKons-folder very much. Still I think I
could improve something about it. Could you provide the original file-format
(psd or xcf or whatever contains the layers)?
Putting your stuff into CVS (module art-devel for now) would be very much
appreciated :-)

I prefer the current mimetype-icon in KDE over yours.

david, coolo: could you give a CVS-account to Everaldo?

Thanks in advance.

Tackat