List:       kde-announce
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: New KDE Mailing List Archive Site
From:       Martin Konold <konold () fiwi02 ! wiwi ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1998-02-20 21:09:57

I am happy to announce a new home for the KDE mailing list archives at:

http://www.progressive-comp.com/KDE-Lists/

This site is part of an ongoing spare-time project I've been working on
for a while now.  The new archives are database driven, featuring a
(hopefully) more usable interface than the old MHonArc-generated pages
to browse through the lists, browse through threads, etc, and full-text-
index searching on each list.

With the help of Stephan Kulow, who maintains the current mailing list
archive site ( http://www.itm.mu-luebeck.de/~coolo/kde ), I have loaded
into the DB all of the archives he had on the current site, and am
getting feed for all (?) of the KDE mailing lists.  [If anyone out there
has mails I don't, please contact me.]

I have asked Stephan to continue to maintain his archives for a little
while while the new system gets a shakedown (and we make sure that
access to PCC -- located in Florida, USA -- is reasonable for all you
non-North-Americans).  He will keep his around for a while, and then
kill them (or drop all but the newest messages) at some point in the
future.

I am the first to admit that I am a lazy and sloppy programmer, and that
I have no taste whatsoever.  Please feel free to bombard me with bug
reports and/or look-n-feel requests.  I might even listen ;)

Actually, the project really is still an evolving thing, and I enjoy
working on it for some crackpot reason.  If you are interested in
knowing more about our mailing list archive project, read
http://www.progressive-comp.com/KDE-Lists/?q=about

<ObPlug>
Special thanks to the folks at Progressive Computer Concepts, Inc for
donating/loaning indefinitely the server space, horsepower, and
bandwidth for this site, even though I haven't worked for PCC in months.
</ObPlug>

Hank Leininger
hlein@progressive-comp.com
			in the subject line