List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] baffled about Installing kde2.2?
From:       jc <jc () thp ! org>
Date:       2001-08-20 0:24:51

Thanks, but this is still incomplete for me. For example, I downloaded and
tried to rpm -U the arts file. But that complained about dependencies. There
was a choice of 5 different qt files, the "normal" one complained about
dependencies. So I tried the static one. It wanted the devel one. What a
mess! This is not way to put Windows out of existence!

Perhaps someone could write an upgrade script that would actually upgrade
redhat 7.1 to kde 7.2 all by itself?

Meanwhile, perhaps someone could just tell me EXACTLY what to do.