List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Liscencing Issue - Taking Action
From:       mosfet <mosfet () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-06-11 1:49:13

forge wrote:

> Another question.
> What prevents Debian from including
> QT, QT-KDE-ADDON, KDESUPPORT and KDELIBS ?
> Is there now a conflict between the LGPL, QPL, and BSD licenses ?

Their position is not even we kde core developers that write all our own
original code can link to Qt with an unmodified GPL. That's right - they
think it ambigious that we allow things like kdelibs, konqueror, kcalc,
etc... to link to Qt ;-) We wrote the configure to link to Qt, call Qt
in every GUI part of the application, uploaded it to KDE CVS, etc... yet
they insist that somehow it may not be allowed by us that you link to
Qt. Very, very silly stuff.