List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [Chat] KDE/GNOME main lacks, accordingly to an italian magazine
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       2000-03-22 11:09:28

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Kevin Forge wrote:

> > > I didn't but the lint made me sneeze a couple times.  Thanks for caring
> > > :).
> > >
> > > Yeah it works for receiving now to see about that "printing to fax"
> > > thing.  I won't be satisfied unless it's a part of the print dialog.
> > > I.e. No harder to select than the size of your paper.  Those settings
> > > should also be able to override system wide printer settings.
> >
> > Once you have it set in /etc/printcap as a printer, all KDE apps will
> > handle it.
>
> Ohh... I can get it set up.  I even managed that under Slackware some
> time ago.  What bothers me is the difficulty of setting it up.  Windows
> is easier than *nix by a wide margin in this area.  After all "Bitware"
> comes with most modems.

Well, setting itself as a printer is pretty much the fax software's job
;-)

I was just commenting that "printing to fax" is already done.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
The stone age didn't end for a lack of stone" Firoz Rasul