List:       kde
Subject:    Re: file chooser dialog scrollbar
From:       Daniel Schmitt <pnambic () kidata ! de>
Date:       2000-03-22 11:28:22

Nick Thompson wrote:

> In the 20003020 snapshots (at least) in the file chooser the files are
> arranged horizontally, but the scrollbar is setup vertically. This means
> I can only access files that fit in the window initially. I can make my
> window the size of my desktop to extend the selection as a work around.

I noticed that, too, but I think it's not a problem of the file chooser,
but rather a problem of the selected widget style. In particular, themed
styles seem to miscalculate the desired size and/or position of
horizontal scrollbars, which makes them disappear. I poked around in the
source for a while, but couldn't pinpoint the problem. Maybe it's even a
Qt bug? Anyway, switching to Motif style worked for me...

Daniel.