List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Text Editor permissions and MIME bindings
From:       Jens Benecke <jens () pinguin ! conetix ! de>
Date:       1999-09-30 18:08:41

On Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 07:36:19PM +0100, kde@cyberstorm.demon.co.uk wrote:

> 1. I created the text/php.kdelink mime type. I have it bound to "Text
> Editor". This is kedit. I don't want to open it in kedit, in fact all the
> "Text Editor" entries I want to open kwrite. Why is this seemingly not
> possible?

Show me the .kdelnk file, please.

> 2. My user is associated with two groups - "users" and "web". kedit
> always changes the file permissions upon save to chgrp users and I have
> change it back chgrp web to make apache see it. I believe this is a bug,
> since kwrite preserves this information fine (hence the first question).

Probably. You might want to make the directories, in which "web" should be
used, set group id "web". Then also newly created files will have the right
permissions.

	chgrp web -R $your_directory
	find $your_directory -type d | xargs chmod g+s

Should work.

--
_ciao, Jens_______________________________ http://www.pinguin.conetix.de

You can tune a file system, but you can't tuna fish
							-- man tunefs