List:       kde
Subject:    Real Player, XEmacs icons
From:       "Amir E. Aharoni" <amir_e_a () netvision ! net ! il>
Date:       1999-09-30 19:33:23

http://members.tripod.com/~amir_e_a/linux/

On that link you will find a small tarball with a large 48x48 icon for
XEmacs and a set of icons for Real Player.

Icons installation:

tar xvzf xemacs_and_real_icons.tar.gz

Then copy the icons to your kde icons directory (/usr/share/kde/icons or
/opt/kde/icons). Note that the mini-icons go to .../kde/icons/mini and
large icons go to .../kde/icons/large (large icons are available only on
KDE 1.1.2). Also note that after you put the icon in the destination
directory, you should rename it so all the icons for the same app have
the same name:

large_real.xpm ->    /usr/share/kde/icons/large/real.xpm
medium_real.xpm ->   /usr/share/kde/icons/real.xpm
mini_real.xpm ->     /usr/share/kde/icons/mini/real.xpm

large_xemacs.xpm ->  /usr/share/kde/icons/large/xemacs.xpm

(/usr/share/kde may actually be /opt/kde or /usr/share on quite a lot
of  machines, it depends on the distribution and KDE version)

Now you can create a kdelnk to Real Player on the Desktop or in
/usr/share/kde/applnk/Multimedia or wherever you wish. Enjoy!

Oh, if you don't actually have Real Player, you can download it from my
site too. I once downloaded it from the www.real.com, but i can't find
it there anymore - they only give v5.0 now (5.0 is the old one, G2 =
v6.0). Ufortunately there's no Netscape plugin for some reason, but it
still can play streams (including video) if you manually write the URL
to File->Open Location.

This rpm works for me - and it works better than on Windoze (yet another
reason to consider moving to Linux completely).

--
Amir Elisha Aharoni, the Original Israelite
"Barkeep! Put all my meals in one plate.