List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Keasycd - Information?
From:       Jens Benecke <jens () pinguin ! conetix ! de>
Date:       1999-07-29 14:28:30

On Thu, Jul 29, 1999 at 08:14:49AM +0100, jim whitman wrote:

> Hi - I've recently used keasycd successfuly to burn a single track onto a
> rewrite-able cd and would like to explore it's functionality a bit
> further.  Unfortunately, the program does not output commands to the
> terminal screen it has been loaded from, so it is difficult to assess its
> use of cdrecord or mkisofs (the comand line programs it is acting as a
> front end for).  The is a debug mode and a verbose scsi output to a
> terminal, but these do not seem to provide the output that would be
> useful in addition i.e. comand line options used for each action
> undertaken by the front-end.

I have written a small script that uses mkisofs and cdrecord for burning a
directory tree on CD. I have added a multisession option recently, so that
shouldn't be the problem.

If you're interested I can mail you the script. You might need to tweak it
a bit (device names etc) for your needs, but it should work out ok.

--
_ciao, Jens_______________________________ http://www.pinguin.conetix.de

Anyone comfortable with using Linux shall use it. | "I'm afraid Linux has a
Anyone wanting to tell other people what they     |  year-429496 problem"