List:       kde
Subject:    Keasycd - Information?
From:       jim whitman <jim.whitman () sunderland ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1999-07-29 7:14:49

Hi - I've recently used keasycd successfuly to burn a single track onto
a rewrite-able cd and would like to explore it's functionality a bit
further.  Unfortunately, the program does not output commands to the
terminal screen it has been loaded from, so it is difficult to assess
its use of cdrecord or mkisofs (the comand line programs it is acting as
a front end for).  The is a debug mode and a verbose scsi output to a
terminal, but these do not seem to provide the output that would be
useful in addition i.e. comand line options used for each action
undertaken by the front-end.

First, has anybody used the extended functionality of this program e.g.
successfully created a multisession cd with data input or used the
experimental packet writing feature?

Secondly, is it possible to create a log file of the output described
above?

Are there fully functional alternatives that have features, say, similar
to those available in MSWindows, offering packet writing and
multisession etc.?  I use a parallel port burner - not all linux
software supports this yet.

Thanks, Jim.