List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Konsole
From:       Anders Torger <torger () ludd ! luth ! se>
Date:       1999-07-29 17:10:06

On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Jens Benecke wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 04:06:34PM -0400, Steven R. Hatfield wrote:
> >
> > You can specify the columns and lines of konsole with the vt_sz parameter
> > like so:
> > 	konsole -vt_sz 80x50
> > will start console with 80 columns and 50 lines.
>
> can you (or anyone) PLEASE enable a possiblility to specify arbitary fonts
> for konsole, at least on the command line? I miss my 7x14 font which was
> JUST right for the screen size here (well readable and fits 4 xterms on the
> screen exactly)

Maybe you can do the other way around :-)

I wanted to display two 80-column Emacs windows beside each other with my
favourite font, but unfortunately it became just wider than the screen with the
1280x1024 standard resolution. I edited my modeline for X, and voila, I got my
Emacs to fit perfectly at a resolution of 1340x1005. X is wonderful :-)

Also 1280/1024 is 4/5 while other standard resolutions and most monitors have
a 4/3 relationship between width and height.

--
/Anders Torger

"Lascia la spina, cogli la rosa"