List:       kde
Subject:    Re: A couple of kde-related problems
From:       George Hademenos <gpete () ev1 ! net>
Date:       1999-07-06 17:36:29

Well I have several Linux computers and I have built many versions of many tarballs
on top of each other and never once had a problem getting along without a package
manager.....they are not needed...they only serve to restrict the free flow and
exchange of intellectual ideas.....for example people who see RPMs think they need
to get a RedHat system to use them or people who see .deb files think they need to
get a Debian system to use them...this is all crap ....and people should know they
can do anything they want without package managers....tarballs are
sufficient......the public should not be tricked into buying RedHat or Debian just
because they see .RPM or .deb files that they want to use.....they should know that
they can build their own operating system for free from scratch with simply tarballs
even if it might take them 5 years to do it.