List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Application enhancement
From:       "RONALD MORLEY" <morleron () aquinas ! edu>
Date:       1999-04-23 21:18:27

You should be able to work around this by creating a short script
that would look something like:

cd place_to_run_app;./app app_agrs

You would then make the kdelnk run the script.  It's a bt clumsy.  I
like your idea nad hope it's implemented in a future release, but
something like this should see you through for now.

Ron Morley

> Date:          Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:45:06 -0400
> From:          Kevin Fisher <KFisher@rim.net>
> Subject:       Application enhancement

> I just discovered something with creating an application icon that could use
> some enhancement.  If I create an application launcher icon I specify the
> path to the program and any arguments.  That works fine, however there are
> cases where you want to start an app in a particular directory.
>
> If any of the developers are listening, would it be possible to have a
> 'start app in directory...' field added to the app launcher icons?
>
> (incidentally I'm running the newly released version of Squeak, which now
> has external modules...the Squeak VM has to be started in the same directory
> as the modules or else it doesn't see them...hence my enhancement request ;)
> --
> Send posts to:  kde@lists.netcentral.net
>  Send all commands to:  kde-request@lists.netcentral.net

Ron Morley - UNIX System Administrator
Aquinas College, Grand Rapids, MI.
This is the end - The Doors
My opinions are my own.  No one else wants them.