List:       kde
Subject:    Application enhancement
From:       Kevin Fisher <KFisher () rim ! net>
Date:       1999-04-22 23:45:06

I just discovered something with creating an application icon that could use
some enhancement.  If I create an application launcher icon I specify the
path to the program and any arguments.  That works fine, however there are
cases where you want to start an app in a particular directory.

If any of the developers are listening, would it be possible to have a
'start app in directory...' field added to the app launcher icons?

(incidentally I'm running the newly released version of Squeak, which now
has external modules...the Squeak VM has to be started in the same directory
as the modules or else it doesn't see them...hence my enhancement request ;)