List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Trendy kfm?
From:       "Øyvind Nielsen" <Oyvind.Nielsen () matek ! sintef ! no>
Date:       1998-08-19 7:19:58

John Van Ham wrote:
> I run a P100 machine with 32mb EDO ram.. I also run X11AMP and KDE.
> However, X11AMP doesn't lag behind the mouse, and I've never had any
> skipping - although X11AMP has quite often not exited cleanly > (by leaving
> child processes after the program has closed). My friends has a Pii > 300
> with 128MB Ram, but his X11AMP does lag behind the mouse quite a lot. > Weird

I run KDE1.0 on the console of an SGI-O2 with 128MB of RAM. Whenever I
move a window on the display the response is SO slow! The window frame
lags behind the mouse. The exception is when there are only simple
terminal windows on the screen, then the performance is OK. KDE was
built with gcc/g++ 2.7 and static libraries (could that be the problem?)

Øyvind.

Øyvind Nielsen
Department of Metallurgy
Alfred Getz vei 2,
7034 TRONDHEIM
Norwegian Institute of Science and Technology (NTNU)
Tel.:   (+47) 73 59 01 99 (work)
        (+47) 73 93 21 09 (private)
Fax:   (+47) 73 59 48 89
E-mail: Oyvind.Nielsen@matek.sintef.no