List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Trendy kfm?
From:       Andreas Pour <pour () mieterra ! com>
Date:       1998-08-19 2:29:17

Derek Fountain wrote:

> . . .
>
> Single clicking to 'activate' a file is another one that bugs me. If I
> single click a .jpg file I don't necessarily want a picture viewer to
> pop up immediately - that might be the first of several I want to
> select.

I solved your problem w/ about 45 seconds of playing around:  hold down the
control key while you select all of the jpg fiiles you want w/ your left
mouse button, then click w/ your right mouse button to get a menu; the
bottom entries should list the apps which have the applicable MIME type
registered (e.g., jpg), or the top choice (Open with . . . ) allows you to
pick any other (e.g., non-KDE compliant) app.  After figuring this out I
checked the KFM on-line manual (incidentally, KFM is great for browsing
manuals, I really don't need Netscape), and its documented in Section 4.4.

Regards,

Andreas F. Pour
MieTerra LLC
 pour@mieterra.com