List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Compiling on FreeBSD
From:       Alex <garbanzo () hooked ! net>
Date:       1998-05-19 0:04:47

On 18 May 1998, Kevin Street wrote:
[...]
> there are several things in kdenonbeta (ktop, kpm, karchie) which don't
> compile,

If you're interested, I can hack together a quick kpm-bsd.  The one I have
right now sucks up ram and cpu cycles badly (damn recursive timers).

> kdegraphics/kghostview is broken (but I think this isn't just on
> FreeBSD),

Dunno, last time I used it, it worked pretty well, although that was a
while ago.

> kdenetwork/kppp, kdeadmin/kuser,

Both of these should work if you're using any recent snapshot. To make
sure, check for kppp/main.cpp version 1.48, and kppp/connect.cpp 1.59.
kdeadmin should work, save the shadow stuff, which you either explicitly
disable in configure (--without-shadow) and/or edit the Makefile and
remove -D_KU_SHADOW from the compile flags.

> koffice2 and corba all have compile problems on FreeBSD.

Compiler issue, not hugely a FreeBSD one.

> I'm on FreeBSD 3 so my list may be slightly different than what works on
> 2.2.5. I think everything else will compile.  If you're running into
> problems elsewhere, try posting the error messages and one of the
> FreeBSD users will probably try to help you through it, or tell you to
> give up on that  application program.

- alex

| "Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern  |
| technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat." |