List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Compiling on FreeBSD
From:       Kevin Street <street () iname ! com>
Date:       1998-05-18 14:51:19

William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com> writes:

> Is there any current snapshot that compiles on FreeBSD 2.2.5 ?? I have
> tried every snapshot since Beta4 to today and NONE of them work....I
> really like KDE, I am useing Beta3 right now and am looking forward to
> useing Beta4. I have herd great things about it.

Not everything in KDE will compile on FreeBSD yet, but most of it
will.  You have to pick a choose which pieces you want.  At the moment
there are several things in kdenonbeta (ktop, kpm, karchie) which don't compile,
kdegraphics/kghostview is broken (but I think this isn't just on
FreeBSD), kdenetwork/kppp, kdeadmin/kuser, koffice2 and corba all have
compile problems on FreeBSD.  I'm on FreeBSD 3 so my list may be
slightly different than what works on 2.2.5.

I think everything else will compile.  If you're running into problems
elsewhere, try posting the error messages and one of the FreeBSD
users will probably try to help you through it, or tell you to give up
on that application program.

--
Kevin Street
street@iName.com