List:       kde
Subject:    Re: AIX 3.2.5 and KDE
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1997-12-29 23:50:23

> I think this is pretty good considering the differences between AIX
> and Linux. The configure script built the packages with -O2, no -g
> flags so I didn't get stack traces; I thought I'd ask if anyone had
> similar problems building KDE under AIX 3.2.5 before I recompiled
> the bad apps.
>
> I noticed a few emails about KDE under AIX in the mailing list archive,
> such as the one from Andy Pierce <jap@tc.cornell.edu> about kfm not working;
> he seems to have progressed further using xlC to build KDE, but
> it sounds like he's on an AIX 4.x system.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated. I think KDE will help to rescue
> a lot of old systems like mine and make them approachable for new
> UNIX users.

Hi!

Please remove the COLLECT_NAMES thing from ltconfig of kdelibs and the
other packages for testing. I've heard, that this is the cause of the
AIX problems. AIX's problem is still the linker as far as we could
experience. Static objects are not supported by default.

Greets, Stephan

--
Stephan Kulow (coolo@kde.org)
Student of medical CS

GCS/M/MD d-x s++: a-- C+++$ ULS+++ P--- L++ E W- N- o? K--? w
!O-- !M !V PS++ !PE Y PGP++ t+ 5 X+ !R tv+ b+ DI? D- G e+>$