List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] Window position/size display
From:       "Jason A. Pfeil" <pfeil () TheAIMSGroup ! com>
Date:       2001-12-11 20:00:34

Again, not what I am looking for and this has already been dealt with.
His post is not the bug I was referring to and using the *standard* X
way of specifying window geometry at *startup* time is useful in many
cases.  If you want to know what is at issue, read the original post or
start X with no window manager and then start twm up.  Start an Xterm
and move the window or resize it.  You will see the interactive display
of the window position and size.

The bug is the fact that Kwm does *not* provide this interactive display
of window size/position.

Cheers!

--Jason

On Tue, 2001-12-11 at 11:35, antialias wrote:
> Jason A. Pfeil wrote:
>
> >Nope.  That would be a size assigned at invocation time.  I am
> >specifically looking for *interactive* updates to size/position.  This
> >is an established bug that has existed for over 300 days without being
> >addressed (do a search on bugs.kde.org and you'll find it).
> >
> >--Jason
> >
> A bug? What do you mean by 'interactive updates' of size/position? Can
> you explain please.
> Do you want your kde apps automagically change size and position while
> they are running?
> I'm curious - why would you do that? Can't you just resize them manually?
> IMHO the size assigned at invocation time per application is a great
> feature.
>
> regards,
>
> antialias
>

> >On Mon, 2001-12-10 at 19:05, Paul E Ahlquist Jr wrote:

Jason A. Pfeil                        The AIMS Group
Senior Open Systems Engineer          (http://www.theaimsgroup.com)
pfeil@theaimsgroup.com                (904)220-DOCS or 1-800-993-DOCS