List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] Window position/size display
From:       akar <akar () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-01-06 4:16:10

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 07:00, Jason A. Pfeil wrote:
> The bug is the fact that Kwm does *not* provide this interactive display
> of window size/position.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for not taking my earlier rather flippant reply personally but I must
comment on this 'bug' issue.
	I can't see how you can classify that as a bug, Jason. It may be desirable
to you and some of the earliest window managers did indeed have it as
standard and a few later window managers retained it as an optional mode but
that certainly doesn classify it as a 'bug'. Even if some person with a
limited knowledge/understanding of X-systems *did* lodge it as a bug report,
I'm sure he will be waiting more than another 300 days as it is not a bug and
unless the developers change from their current view that most people dont
want/need it then I can not see them changing anything.

In any case arguing it is futile; KDE will use any WM you like so the
solution is simply to change that one little line and make kde use twm or
windowmaker or whatever tickles you the most.
I personally would like to see an 'advanced' wm with say the features of
sawfish (but not the Perl? infrastructure) built into KDE so users have a
control centre switch between a simple basic kwin for beginners  and an
advanced scriptable wm with many options for power users.

--
regards,

andrew