List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    Re: userbrowser portlet not working completely
From:       Raphaël_Luta <raphael () apache ! org>
Date:       2004-05-29 8:10:38

Le 27 mai 04, à 23:58, Archana Turaga a écrit :
> Hi,
>   I logged in as admin/jetspeed. Went to the "Admin" tab and added the
> Userbrowser to the list of menus there. When i click on the "Roles",
> "Groups" or any of the links the resulting forms never show up.
>
> When i navigate to the security tab and click the same links in the
> user browser there they all seem to work fine. I opened the psml file
> and saw that all the target panes were declared there with "menustate"
> value set to "closed".
>
> When we are using the customizer to add a portlet how can we make sure
> that these target panes are added with the menustate set to closed?

The default customizer does not know how to handle this automatically.

> I would appreciate any response with regard to this query. I'm stuck
> (badly stuck) since we have a lot of portlets with links to other
> portlets and we want to use the customizer to add them. How can we
> accomplish the specified requirement in the current jetspeed
> framework?

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to implement but there's
probably a way to do it :) Would you care to elaborate on your
functional and layout requirements ?

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
Apache Jetspeed - Enterprise Portal in Java