List:       jetspeed-user
Subject:    Re: dynamic Uri does not work while manipulating multiple psmls
From:       Raphaël_Luta <raphael () apache ! org>
Date:       2004-05-29 7:58:22

Le 27 mai 04, à 15:10, Archana Turaga a écrit :
> Hi,
>  I have two psml files default.psml (the one that comes up by default
> when the user logs in) and infoview.psml (navigated to using
> jetspeed:forward from one of the portlets in default.psml).
>
> I have some portlets declared in infoview.psml that use setTemplate in
> their action classes to navigate to another jsp.
> As a sample there is the following href link in one of our jsps:
>      <a
> href="<jetspeed:dynamicUri/>?
> eventSubmit_doPortview=portview&js_peid=<%=jspeid%>&IPAddr=<%=ipAddr%>&
> Port=<%=p%>" 100%">s</a>

Have you looked at the generated link in your HTML markup ? Is it well
formed ? jetspeed:dynamicUri may contain it's own
query parameters in which case yours will never be used...

> The above link would basically invoke a doPortview method in the
> action class declared for this jsp. The problem that i see here is
> that when i click on this link it takes me right back to the home page
> (default.psml). When i do a system.out in the java action class it is
> never executed. It almost seems like it needs to be told that it
> belongs to infoview.psml.

If this link is not used in the inforview page, then yes you need to
explicitely set it in a page parameter or better use
<jetspeed:portletlink psml="infoview.psml" jspeid="<%=jspeid%>":/>

> Also if there are submit buttons whose action is defined as dynamicUri
> those also do not seem to work.
>
> Does anybody know what is going on here? How does dynamicUri tag work
> in jsp?

You probably try to activate a portlet from a different PSML page. By
default Jetspeed only looks for portlets in the
currently loaded page.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
Apache Jetspeed - Enterprise Portal in Java