List:       jaxlug-list
Subject:    Re: [JaxLUG] boot script for Debian
From:       "Joseph A. Winn" <winnja () bellsouth ! net>
Date:       2004-03-26 23:03:44

Just in case it's not mentioned in the FAQ page, but if the program
(foo) you're planning to execute doesn't return a prompt (constantly
runs until killed) be sure to append the line in your rc.local with "&"
as:

#rc.local
/path/to/foo&

Otherwise the boot process will hang there.

Joe Winn

PGP public key posted http://winn.no-ip.org/joe/pgp.php